Tabs

Saturday 13 June 2009

Cometh the Hour......

......Cometh the Rivers!!!!!

For the benefit of our American readers (and there are a few now) the rivers and some still waters in England have a closed fishing season between March 15th - June 15th inclusive. The only still waters to close are those classed as SSSI's (Sites of Special Scientific Interest), canals, other lakes, drains, fens, puddles and ditches remain open all year round.

The opening of the new season is rapidly approaching and that's a great day in any anglers diary. This blog - Warwickshire Avon - will hopefully once again include some write ups of fishing this beautiful river.

I can't forget the fishing challenge though and so may well find myself on stillwater more than normal for this time of year.

Perversely it will be to a still water I'm headed for the opening night. To one of the aforementioned SSSI's. I'm still after a number of big things that live in lakes and in the past few years this has been my ritual, to get to the lakeside mid afternoon on the 15th then just lie on a bed chair, put some bait in and soak it all up until midnight arrives. Then the first cast!

I've the following three days booked off work this week so I'll be seeing a river very soon anyway. Last year I called it a day on the lake mid morning and was on the Avon roving for Chub soon after. I started last season off with thirteen Chub taken on either trundled breadflake or pellet.

I'll let you know how it all goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment