Tabs

Wednesday 9 September 2015

All Change.

When September mornings arrive who's mind doesn't inexplicably turn to autumn perch, barbel,  chub, roach, and dace to come?

Summer is waxing and Autumn is striding forth out there and with it there's a distinct change in the air, and I love it!

I've never caught a decent river perch by design before and I'm determined to set that straight this year.

I've continued to fish throughout late summer and whilst enjoyment has remained at the fore I've also continued to learn and catch a few along the way.

Before I let the photos do the talking I wanted to mention a purely technical aspect I've incorporated into my standard running ledger rig this year - a large Drennan float stop on the main line above my snap link swivel.

For me it serves three purposes:
  1. When fishing in a high / rising river it is slid 10" up the mainline and acts as a weed guard.
Mid-cloumn floating debris slides down the line to the stop where it collects - the mechanics of which tend towards a slightly earlier displacement of the lead or feeder but are countered by the fact that the hooklength and bait remain clean throughout the cast. I'd rather retrieve my line a few minutes earlier than usual with a clean hook than one continually masked by trailing jetsam.





2. Whilst baiting a hook before filling the feeder it limits said feeder from sliding well up the mainline.

i.e. you can reach down to pick the feeder up quickly and easily.

3.  It can be slid down the mainline to within a short distance of the buffer bead to create a bolt effect. 

i.e. three inches of easy line can be taken before the stop is reached, then the resistance of the lead is felt.

All this I put to good effect during my third session of the year at Lucy's Mill where I blanked spectacularly.

A passing Countess of Evesham calls time on the session.

I've had a few evening cycle trips out to Coombe Abbey after work and on each occasion I've stayed out far too late but have been unable to call it a day due to the endless movements on the quiver tip. 

Capability Brown and I have quite a thing going on. He does a mean back garden and wherever he's trodden I like to follow.

Fishing a 10ft wand coupled with braided line and corn on the hook, once the sun starts to sink the bream move in and the line bites are nothing less than infuriating. I'm sure if I were to attach a pencil to the tip of my rod and move a piece of paper across it as you would see in a seismographic station I would be left with the perfect outline of large bream..






During the school holidays I suggested to my boy we engage in an afternoon stalking carp. Reticent at first he soon got the hang of the commando style approach to Hopsford Hall's Duckery: hiding behind reeds, climbing the odd tree fish spotting and generally moving slowly, deliberately and with quiet purpose to achieve our aim of catching one of the pools educated residents.

Admittedly not whoppers but I couldn't wish for a more enjoyable joint venture. There's hope for him yet....






The day before holidaying in France I did three things. Firstly the afternoon before travelling I caught up with my friend Dan and his lad who were doing an overnight session at Hopsford.

I took his son Olly off to the Duckery pool to give his dad a chance to set up camp in peace and to try once again to stalk a carp off the top.

Akin to stalking with a rambunctious tigger by one's side, the fish didn't let us down. I hooked one and the boy did the rest with an admirable ability to steer the fish clear of the reeds.



 Secondly I found these in Lane's tackle shop which triggered thing number three.



Inspired by the idea of doing a bit of LRF in the Med' I bought a six piece travel rod from Merv Wilkinson at an absolute bargain price. The rod packed down to about the size of a conventional ruler and was perfect for a few stolen sessions amongst a family holiday with the kids.


Needless to say six pieces soon became seven when I hooked the sea bed and decided to 'give it the beans' to try to free my hook. There endeth the holiday fishing.

The scenery in the south of France was truly awful... 



Once home from our holiday my dad said he'd like to join me for an afternoon's sport, so bank holiday Monday saw us meeting up (once the rain had stopped) to do just that.

Now at eighty years old, my dad was a fearsome sportsman in his day. He could turn his hand to most things and would usually excel. Although he hadn't fished for a good few years he was 'annoyingly' skilled on the day, giving me a solid run for my money in our one fish one point competition. But fear not dear reader -  I smashed the loveable old dribbling giffer into the mud winning the day 31 - 21. Principally because he got himself into a knot at the end and refused my assistance in untangling it!!

My two quid winnings will inevitably come out of his winter fuel allowance and we've resolved to fish together again soon.

I love my dad.
Happy Days.


Finally then, I bought a GoPro underwater camera for our holiday and whilst out swimming found a disused outflow pipe which was home to a shoal of schoolie bass. The possibilities of putting this camera to use whilst fishing local clear waters abound and I look forward to employing it in future....



Cheers.

35 comments:

  1. Ah, the dreaded Stratford cabbages made my life a misery last week. On the upside, soon they'll be gone and the recreation ground will be fishable for big bream, roach and even the chance of carp. Things can only improve now summer is over...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I am Theresa Williams After being in relationship with Anderson for years, he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him. That was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made a promise that anybody I know that has a relationship problem, I would be of help to such a person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem. His email: {drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com} you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case.
      1) Love Spells
      2) solution and cure to all sickness
      3) Herbal Cure for any disease/sickness
      4) Marriage Spells
      5) Pregnancy spell
      6) Breakup Spells
      7) Death spell
      8.) You want to be promoted in your office
      9) want to satisfy your lover 
      10) Lottery
      Contact this great man if you are having any problem for a lasting solution
      through {drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com}

      Delete
  2. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Привет
    Для всех финансовых проблем пожалуйста, свяжитесь со мной. Я готов помочь всем людям с финансовыми трудностями и быть запрещены из банков за кредит.
    Вне зависимости от вашей ситуации я готов помочь вам для получения кредита в короткие сроки.
    Свяжитесь со мной по электронной почте: leferfrancisjean@gmail.com
    Спасибо

    ReplyDelete
  4. We Offer Loan At A Very Low Rate Of 3%. If Interested, Kindly Contact Us via email now (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. online ielts classes
    British Career Group, Mohali pioneers in providing best IELTS coaching and test preparation to its clients across India. Most students aim for an IELTS score band of 7 or 7.5 because it allows them to acquire admission in hot-shot colleges of the world. Yes, from Ivy league institutions to elite Oxbridge, most prestigious ranked institutions demand a score band of at least 7. Generally, the courses or the degree programs demanding for such higher scores are intrinsically languages based like literature, law etc.  Getting an overall score of 7+ implies that you will have to acquire at least a score of 7 in each of the 4 modules. Top IELTS coaching centers do emphasize on all these 4 modules and help students to score top.
    Website :- https://www.britishcareergroup.com/online-ielts-classes/
    Call at: +91-9988-922-75
    Email: info@britishcareergroup.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard Assignment hep Australia

    Even the most proficient students who are on top of their work all the time can sometimes get stuck with homework that is difficult and baffling. When it comes to these difficult assignments, you already know that it’s going to be a very long and hard slog. You have two options: run away from your work and never look back or face the project head on—and come away a victor. It’s up to you. Now as a student, you know that running away is not an option and therefore it is better to take up the challenge. It is unrealistic to believe that you will come out of the experience unscathed. If not successful, you will likely get some experience and become more empowered by gaining an understanding of your next big assignment or challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ielts coaching in mohali

    British Career Group, Mohali pioneers in providing best IELTS coaching and test preparation to its clients across India. We have British Council trained staff members who have got over the years of IELTS teaching experience and our students have scored up to 9 bands in Listening, up to 8.5 bands in Speaking, up to 8.0 bands in writing and up to 8.5 bands in reading modules.British Career Group is authorized by the British Council to book the IELTS test dates for our clients and get them the study material for reading and writing sections and CD for the listening section. We have a decent computer lab for our students to prepare the listening module and other sections apart from adequate arrangements to prepare the students for the CB IELTS test. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aviation courses in India

    Aptech Aviation Ranked among the best colleges for Airport management courses in Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchkula, Mandi, Solan, and Shimla. We offer comprehensive insight into the perspectives of the international aviation industry through an explicit practice oriented approach and global exposure.

    The exclusively designed curriculum of Aptech Aviation Airport Management Academy in Chandigarh, not only help you better understand the role of various departments of industry, but also brings you across the appropriate tactics undertaken to discharge ground responsibilities efficiently.

    We Provide quality education and training that responds to the needs and challenges of an ever-demanding Airport Management industry by promoting knowledge, skills, ethics, creativity and critical thinking necessary for professional competence.

    We aim to be the best Educational & Training institution in the field of Airport Management courses in Chandigarh by providing our students with opportunity to engage in lifelong learning and enable them to be career directed, productive, adaptable and fulfilled individuals.

    Aptech Aviation is the finest academy, providing the best Airport Management courses in Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchkula, Shimla, Mandi, Dharamshala, and Solan.
    For any inquiry related to Airport Management courses, then feel free to contact us, we advice you the best +91 82889 31000

    This course prepares you for a successful career in the airline & aviation industry. The number of air passengers in India is expected to be 450 million by 2020*. Every passenger require the assistance of trained airport managers and skilled professionals in the safety, services and maintenance unit, fixed base operations, airport transportation, catering, baggage handling, and transport scheduling. Keeping these demands in mind, Aptech provides you complete, in-depth training in all aspects of airport management. On completing this course, you can work in any department of an airport or airline company in India and around the world.


    https://www.aptechaviation.co.in/airport-management-course-chandigarh/


    ReplyDelete
  9. I was very impressed by this post, this site has always been pleasant news Thank you very much for such an interesting post, and I meet them more often then I visited this site. Cobra Kai Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanx for sharing this amazing blog. Keep posting and sharing with us
    cakes home delivery online
    flowers home delivery online

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our the purpose is to share the reviews about the latest Jackets,Coats and Vests also share the related Movies,Gaming, Casual,Faux Leather and Leather materials available Tunnel Snakes Leather Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  12. All you have to do is write us your Buy Business Birmingham business detail and why you are willing to sell it. Also we would be eager to hear or know the rate that you are expecting from the business. 

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you planning to buy the next adventure? Willing to sell your business? Now selling or buying business is just a few clicks away. Our team of Financing My Business West Midlands professionals are working round the clock to make sure you get the best deal always. We conduct through study and research before coming up with the blueprint. The idea is to make transition or completion of the deal fast or easy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Marty Mcfly Denim Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. Star Lord Game Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can acquire Childcare Assignment Help online because ensuring conformity before the timeline is the best approach to get what you need at a decent cost. We have a system for answering difficult questions in a short amount of time in order to assist students get better grades. Our childcare assignment counsellors are available for assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Succeed! It could be one of the most useful blogs we have ever come across on the subject MillionMerch. Excellent info! I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your effort very well. Thanks for the huge help.

    ReplyDelete
  18. http://quackitymerch.net/ This is a really too good post. This article gives truly quality and helpful information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful topic info is provided here. Thank you so much buddy and Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for taking the time to discusshttps://chukkabootsmaker.com/ this, I feel strongly that love and read more on this topic. If possible, such as gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with additional information?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm truly glad to say it's an intriguing post to read. I get new information from your article. bapehoodieofficial.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. We hope you will share some more information about it at fmerchandise. We really enjoy your blog & content.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for a marveloushttps://theboyfriendjeans.com/
    posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I never stop myself to express something about your nice work. You're working really hard.champhoodies.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is an incredibly inspiring article. I am basically satisfied with your great work.superhoodshop You put actually quite supportive information. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I read this article. I think You put a great deal of exertion to make this article.
    shop here

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a very nice blog and theweekndmerchshop.com learned more knowledge to read this post thanks for sharing this informative post.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a very nice blog and learned more knowledge to read this post thanks for sharing this informative post.
    hoodrichshop

    ReplyDelete
  28. Actually quite glad to say, your post is extremely fascinating to read. Logo Design

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, I am truly impressed with this website! Keep up the fantastic work! ericemanuelshop.club

    ReplyDelete