Tabs

Monday 25 January 2010

Null (Part One)

Sunday 24th January, 09:00 - 12:00. Stratford Lido. River 2ft+ up and blasting through. 4C.

I was first in the Lido car park and I could see the river looked massive before my engine had started to tick itself cool.


The water was dusty brown and on the grass. I began by casting my feeder into the enormous back eddy that was formed by the Lido bay. After forty five minutes I knocked this on the head as I was continually pulling back debris around the feeder and hook length.


The view downstream

I set up a float rod and trotted a light stick float 'upstream' in the back eddy about a rod length out from the bank. I fed light balls of bread and other goodies, and the odd pinch of maggots.

Owen the helpful bailiff came by and directed me onto his preferred line. I took heed as it was going to be a case of winkling one out.



One never came.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment