Tabs

Sunday 14 February 2010

A Second First

Sunday 14th February. 10:00 - 12:00. Upper Avon - Ryton village stretch. 4C arrival, 7C departure. Watery SUN!

The youngest half of our offspring was learning to swim this Sunday morning and last night I’d stupidly told the older half that MacDonald's’s also do breakfasts. My daughter ensured we were up and out of the house by a quarter to nine and washing down sausage and egg McMuffins soon afterwards. So that’s; a first performance of Stravinsky’s Firebird by a symphony orchestra last weekend, and first MacDonald's breakfast this. White trash with big aspirations - that’s us.

I suggested an hour on the river before lunch while the dizzying MSG was still in full effect. I had a rod and wellies in the car as quick as a flash.

There was a match on the pegs I fancied a go at by the power lines but there was plenty of water left for us. We worked our way downstream either trundling or light legering bread on a hair. I got into more tangles and tip wraps today than I usually do in a season. It wasn’t until we were nearly back down at the wooden footbridge that we had our first bite.

I seem to mention and photograph this footbridge every post recently.


The sun was out and there was a little warmth in it. Great.


We ended up in the peg in the reeds and put the rod on a rest. It didn’t take long for a bite and we netted a 4lb Chub.


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment