Tabs

Saturday 1 August 2009

Spinning at Ryton

Saturday 1st August, 18:00 - 20:00, Ryton Pools. The rain with us all day had blown over, W, 17C.

Finding an hour or so this Saturday evening I bolted to Ryton with Perch in mind. I'd picked up a spinner bait selection from Aldi recently and have now replaced all the trebles after the recent losses on the 'Blythe with a 'Y' blog entry.

I started on peg one and within two casts had a Perch!


Within four casts I'd had another!


This second one weighed eight ounces, nothing subsequently topped this weight.

I had two further Perch from this first peg before starting to make my way round the pool.

Although I had numerous other 'follows' from Perch on other pegs I hooked no more.

With the competition points firmly in mind I switched to a large Blair spoon to try and tempt a 10lb+ Pike.

I worked my way from the sand bank back to peg one fishing the large spoon but apart from the odd weed bed offering resistance nothing with fins increased my pulse rate.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment