Tabs

Sunday 6 June 2010

College Pool after Perch Then A Work Party On The River.

Sunday 6th June, 08:00 - 09:00. College Pool Wasperton. Warm and still. 19C.

I had an hour spinning with light lures after perch on college pool this morning but apart from two nibbles - nowt.

What I did see were four or five tiny perch about the same size as the tiny spoon following in to the edge on most casts.

After this the Leamington AA workers gathered for a work party on the river Avon which is now looking resplendent for the opening day of the season with mown grass paths and sympathetically cut pegs.

I was strimming today and with our specimen anglers in mind I cut hidey holes in the nettles on all the feature pegs downstream of the swan's neck. If you're after the wary carp or other margin feeders you can now sit in the hole in the nettles shielded from the water and leave just your rods on the peg. Of course match anglers can use the space to park their mountain of gear and pleasure anglers have somewhere for the wife to sit and read.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: what a difference a few months makes....


Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. I think you got off lightly with strimming today Keith. I ended up in the trees on my stretch today doing a bit of lopping!! Nice photos mate.

    ReplyDelete